Terms and Conditions
Please find the terms and conditions relating TIS. This is for information only. Applicants will receive a terms and conditions separately from the Summer at TIS office which you will be required to complete and return to school.
Enrolment Agreement and Terms and Conditions
Please note: For information, the use of the term ‘School’ relates totally and exclusively to The TIS School.
ENROLMENT AGREEMENT I hereby request to enrol _______________________________________________ (the “Student”) as a student in the The Doon School’s Summer at Doon Leadership Programme in the summer of 2019, and agree to pay the Summer at Doon tuition (the “Summer Tuition”) of Rs 145,000 plus any unforeseen incidental or additional expenses (“Additional Charges”) incurred on my behalf during the programme. This Enrolment Agreement is subject to the terms and conditions listed below. Application
- Upon acceptance of this Enrolment Agreement by The Doon School, I shall be legally obligated to pay the Summer Tuition and all Additional Charges, not withstanding subsequent absence, withdrawal or dismissal of the Student from the Summer at Doon Leadership Programme.
- Applications for enrolment on the Summer School programme can be made by emailing the application form or sending it in hard copy. The Doon School may, at its sole discretion, accept or reject such an application and notify the participant by email accordingly.
- Admission decisions are made by The Doon School’s Summer at Doon Office in accordance with published Summer School admissions criteria and subject to availability. If information provided by the participant is found to be untruthful, the Summer School Office reserves the right to reject an application or withdraw the acceptance of such application. All admission decisions are final. The payment of any sum to The Doon School on behalf of the participant does not oblige the The Doon School to accept an application for enrolment.
- Unless otherwise indicated, Summer at Doon will be taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English are required to be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and presentations in English. The school does not accept liability for any inconvenience or failure to attend following a participant’s lack of English language knowledge.
- The Doon School believes that a positive and constructive working relationship between the School and a student’s parent(s) (or guardian) is essential to the fulfillment of the School’s mission with regard to the Summer at Doon Leadership Programme. Thus, The Doon School reserves the right to terminate enrollment if the School concludes in its sole judgment that the actions of a parent (or guardian) make such a positive and constructive relationship impossible or otherwise seriously interfere with the School’s accomplishment of its educational purpose, i.e., the successful implementation of The Doon School’s Summer at Doon Leadership Programme.
- All parents are politely requested to note that attendance at the Summer at Doon Leadership Programme does not in any way have any effect on any family member who has been registered to sit the entrance examination for entry to The Doon School as a pupil.
- The Doon School has the right to suspend or terminate the enrolment of a student at any time. Such a suspension or termination may result where: (i) a student fails to abide by the rules and regulations of The Doon School Leadership Programme; (ii) The Doon School determines that a student’s conduct or performance demonstrates an unwillingness or inability to be productive within The Doon School Leadership Programme community; or (iii) The Doon School determines that the continued attendance of a student in The Doon School’s Summer at Doon Leadership Programme is not in the best interest of the student or The Doon School.
- The fees payable by participants in respect of the Summer School programme are Rs. 145,000. The participant is liable to the School for the Tuition Fees. Full payment of Tuition Fees allows applicants to participate in the Summer School programme.
- The Doon School accepts payment from participants by MasterCard, Visa, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Visa Purchasing, JCB, Solo, Switch and via bank transfer. Payments can be made online or through a credit/debit card terminal. Individuals paying via bank transfer must notify The Doon School of the payment and need to return a signed declaration form. The Doon School accepts payment from companies and organisations following an invoice from the school, via bank transfer or a cheque made payable to The Doon School.
- All payments of Tuition Fees must be made in rupees. They are inclusive of VAT and other taxes where applicable. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in connection with the payment of Tuition Fees are to be paid in addition to the Tuition Fees. No deduction from the Tuition Fees for such costs or charges may be made.
- Summer at Doon Tuition Fees are payable in advance and are billed in one installment.
- All invoices shall be payable within 30 days. The Doon School may, in its sole discretion, bar the student from the Summer at Doon and premises of The Doon School if the full installment of the Summer at Doon Tuition is not received by 30th April 2019. Such action on the part of The Doon School will not release me from the obligation to pay all amounts due under this Agreement.
- I agree to pay any and all costs, including lawyer’s/attorneys’ fees, incurred by The Doon School as a result of the non-payment of the Summer at Doon Tuition or any Additional Charges incidental to the Student’s enrolment at The Doon School’s Summer at Doon Leadership Programme.
Cancellations, postponement and non-attendance
- Modules within the Summer School programme have minimum required attendance levels and The Doon School reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course if too few enrolments are received or due to circumstances beyond the school’s control.
- Tuition Fees do not include the cost of travel to and from The Doon School, insurance or other costs that might arise prior to or during the course tenure.
- The participant will be solely responsible for determining whether the Summer School programme is sufficient and suitable for their needs. The School does not provide any guarantee in respect of the standard of a participant’s abilities on completion of the Summer School programme. The participant will provide the school with all information reasonably requested by the School in connection with the Summer School Programme.
- The school reserves the right to remove the participant from the course or exclude a participant from The Doon School’s premises if the behaviour or demeanour of the participant is considered unacceptable. The participant agrees to comply with all applicable policies and regulations of the School.
- Where applicable, participants are responsible for obtaining any visa required to enable participation in the Summer School programme, and the rejection of a visa application by the Indian authorities does not affect the application of these terms and conditions. The school recommends that all participants from outside India check with the Indian High Commission or Indian Embassy in their country of residence about visa requirements. The Doon School will issue a letter of invitation if required, but only once the School has received payment for the course. (See below. This is to comply with visa regulations.)
- In no circumstances will The Doon School issue documentation to support a visa application before receiving payment in full in cleared funds of the Tuition Fees from the participant. The cancellation and refund provisions apply irrespective of whether cancellation is due to a failure to satisfy visa requirements in good time before the course start date or other similar reason, such as failure to apply for a visa in appropriate time or delay with the visa process. Therefore, for cancellations notified to The Doon School after 30th April 2019 will result in no refund being made.
- The Doon School shall not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance, in whole or part, of any or our obligations arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving our workforce or the workforce of any other party), acts of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, pandemics, epidemics or other outbreaks of disease or infection, failure in the public supply of electricity, heating, lighting, air conditioning or telecommunications equipment.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to clause 3 below, the liability of The Doon School to the participant with respect to the provision of the Summer School Programme, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment of a course, any negligence, any breach of these terms and conditions, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these terms and conditions, will not extend to (i) any indirect losses or damages, or to any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect, even if The Doon School had been advised of the possibility of those losses or if they were within the school’s contemplation; or (ii) any costs or expenses incurred by any person or organisation in connection with travel, accommodation, reservations or other arrangements.
- In any event, subject to clause 3 below, the liability of The Doon School to the participant with respect to the provision of the Summer School Programme, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment of the programme, any negligence, any breach of these terms and conditions, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these terms and conditions is limited to the amount of Tuition Fees received from or on behalf of the participant in respect of the Summer at Doon Programme.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will operate to limit or exclude the liability of The Doon School for death or personal injury arising from the school’s negligence, fraud or any other liability that, by law, cannot be limited or excluded.
- The Doon School accepts no liability for loss or damage to the participant’s property and shall not provide any insurance cover whatsoever to the participant.
- The warranties and undertakings given by The Doon School in these terms and conditions are, to the extent permitted by law, given in lieu of all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, including any relating to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular or any purpose, or the ability to achieve any particular result.
- Without regard to any other provision of these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions will operate to limit or exclude the liability of The Doon School for death or personal injury arising from The Doon School’s negligence, fraud or any other liability that, by law, cannot be limited or excluded.
- The liability of The Doon School to the Applicant with respect to the provision of the residential accommodation, any negligence, any breach of these terms and conditions, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these terms and conditions, will not extend to (i) any indirect losses or damages, or to any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect, even if The Doon School had been advised of the possibility of those losses or if they were within The Doon School’s contemplation; or (ii) any costs incurred by Applicants or any other person in connection with the school’s act of withdrawing acceptance of an application for residential accommodation pursuant to these terms and conditions, including but not limited to cancellation or alteration of travel arrangements, The Doon School’s Summer School programme tuition fees and other costs; or (iii) any loss or damage to any goods or property of the Applicant.
- The warranties and undertakings given by the school in these terms and conditions are, to the extent permitted by law, given in lieu of all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms.
- No failure or delay by The Doon School’s in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement or by law will be a waiver of that right or remedy or prevent The Doon School from exercising that right or remedy in the future.
The Doon School will only use the personal information the Applicant provides to deliver the course, residential accommodation and related services. We will not pass your personal information to third parties.
Consent and Agreement
I agree to pay any and all costs, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by The Doon School as a result of the non-payment of Summer Tuition or any Additional Charges incidental to the Student’s enrollment at The Doon School’s Summer at Doon programme.
Unless written notice signed by me to the contrary is received in advance by the Headmaster, the Student has my permission to take part in any and all school activities on or off the campus and to ride in vehicles operated by The Doon School employees, or by parents, or in buses chartered by The Doon School. I grant the School the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the Student, or photographs in which the Student might be included, for editorial, administrative, trade, advertising and related purposes, and in any manner and medium. I hereby release the School and its representatives from all claims and liabilities relating to said photographs. This Enrolment Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Doon School and me and may not be amended or modified in any way; provided, however, that upon written notification by me to the Headmaster and signed by both parties hereto prior to 30th April 2019, I may withdraw the student, without further obligation.
- Accepted for The Doon School’s Summer at Doon Leadership Programme: ____________________
- Accepted by Parent(s)/ Guardian(s)/ Custodial Parent(s) Financially Responsible for Student:
Print Name(s): __________________________________________________________________