Trinity International School, Pune
Primary curriculum is progressive, forward thinking, and child-centered, using the integrated, interactive approach. Topics and themes are carefully planned to cross artificial subject barriers. This enables the student to have a far more realistic view of the world in which he/she lives and needs to function successfully. Much of the teaching is based on the assumption that understanding is a fundamental requirement for any learning to take place. Therefore, much of the work is based on hands-on experience and research-skills, where the role of the teacher becomes that of a facilitator. Here, the students take an active part in their own learning. They are encouraged to use their own initiative and develop into independent learners with a strong desire to think critically.
Elements of a THINK ROOM
• Studio: Every Studio is a child’s own reflection, as unique as the child
• Walls that speak: The walls in a THINK ROOM speak to the child
• Authentic assessment: Each child has own pace and style of learning. Multiple assessments are used to ensure each child attains minimum level of learning of each concept.
• THINK ROOM Kit: Think Room kit contains powerful tools that assist the teacher to foster the social, emotional, cognitive and metacognitive domains as well as bring in better student engagement.
Brain Button , Box of gratitude, Voice meter, Cooperative learning board, Mood meter
•Learning by doing
• Value Based Teaching
• Field Trips .
• Library Programme based Learning.
• Role Play and Dramatization
• Project Presentation
• Problem Solving activities.
• Vocabulary building and language development sessions